nepaliaustralian tagged me from the other side of the world, and so I’m honour bound and honoured to follow the rules as she passed along to me, which are:
1. Post the Rules. (I can handle this.)
2. Answer the question you were tagged with and then create 11 new questions for those you are going to tag. (Okay, lets do a dry run, just to make sure I get this. Sheesh, a word problem. Answer questions; create 11 new questions; got it.)
3. Tag 11 people and link them to your post. (ruh roh, selecting, no good at. Invoking my best Madeline Kahn, say… from An American Tail, weleeeeeese da select-o-matic!)
4. Let them know they have been tagged (she dids! she dids! Tank Ooh! Tank Ooh!)
Here are the questions nepaliaustralian asked, with my answers bolded if not bold.
What makes you laugh? Lots of things… something silly, the infectious laughter of my daughters or mother, a good joke, my crazy life. Whatever we face, humour can make it easier.
What is the best part of blogging? Interacting with people from around the world, sort of an expansion of the message board connections. Not that long ago… we could live our lives and not meet anyone beyond our limited bubble.
What makes your day? It depends on what I’m doing. Constants: hearing from my daughters will never fail to make me smile.
What is your worst fear? That I’ve not lived through that worst fear yet. Less abstract: gator and big snake phobia.
One famous person you want to meet. Hmmmmm… for a long time, I’d love to have dined with Ellen Goodman. Now, Elizabeth Warren, Nelson Mandela, Gloria Steinem, Sue Monk Kidd, Rachel Maddow…
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Outside the US, first… to Britain, so many familial roots trace there. Unfortunately, I’m constrained by my conviction.
What do you think is the single best decision you’ve made in your life so far? Whew… so many of the vital ones carried a heavy price, but becoming a parent, unconditional love and appreciation.
What song always makes you happy when you hear it? Everything ~ Alanis Morissette
What are the things you always take with you? My humongous canvas bag and all the assorted doodads therein.
What do you know about Nepal? Precious little, other than formidable mountains people like to climb, some significant social unrest a little while ago… but most of what I learn comes from napaliaustralian’s blog. Fascinating.
What are you thinking right now? How to answer the questions. #tunnelvision
Okay, this is where I’ve got to dream up some queries (no, not queeries, I’m not contagious) and let the select-o-matic do its random name generation.
Answer me this:
1) Do you consider yourself a feminist?
2) What is the silliest thing you will admit to doing?
3) Favourite pudding.
4) Your foremost vice.
5) Fastest driving speed with you at the wheel.
6) Do you play a musical instrument? If so, please identify the instrument.
7) Barefoot or shoes?
8) Secular or theocratic government?
9) Would you sail the world alone?
10) One food you refuse to ever eat.
11) Soup or stew?
And the select-o-matic says:
Okay that does it, unless my addled brain misfired, which is always a possibility.